Re: dlink dwl-650

On Tue, 2004-06-22 at 16:40, lists@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Its the first revision.  The problem im having is, it searches for new hardware
> BEFORE it turns on pcmcia, so its not finding it. How do i make it see it in
> kde?
> Quoting Rick Stevens <rstevens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

This sounds familiar.  In the network configuration window uncheck the
option to enable the network card at boot time.

For whatever reason a pcmcia card will be configured and enabled when
the pcmcia services are enabled even if the network option says don't
enable at boot.

This got my DWL-G650 card (uses the prism54 driver) to start at boot
time.

If that is not the problem and you are just having problems getting the
system to see the card then wait until after the system is booted to
insert the card.  It should then detect it and should be able to
configure it.

Hope that helps.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid@xxxxxxxxxx

There are more old drunkards than old doctors.