Re: FC2 doubtful quality?

Timothy Murphy wrote:
David Jansen wrote:

On the other hand, FC2 works fine if you just take the time to read the
archives and search the internet for answers.

This is a silly remark.
All you can say is that "FC2 works fine" on the machines
it is reported to work on.
There are many unresolved bugs,
eg Xorg does not work properly on machines with ATI Rage 128 video boards.

As far as I can see, FC2 was released when there were known unresolved bugs in the test releases.
In my view, it should have been delayed until these were fixed.
It seems to have been released because a release date had been fixed in advance.
That is a silly way to organise distributions.
I hope it will be changed.

It was never intended as a "plug & play" OS for the clueless and inexperienced

It's amazing what idiotic excuses are made for software bugs.
A bug is a bug - that's all there is to it.

Well then fix it. You have the source.