VNC: Misc/Minor problems noted.

I have VNC setup using xinetd and I am able to get this
to work just fine.  But one thing kind of perplexes me.

1) Cannot get sound to work as if you were logged onto the console
  a) KDE gives: /dev/dsp error (permission denied).

2) Cannot do administrative stuff as if you were logged onto the
console.
  a) Cannot fire up up2date via gui

3) If the same person is logged into the console, and a VNC session is
started
on another system, there is a note saying that the same person is
already
logged in but do you want to log in anyway? I thought login sessions
were
independent regardless of who is logged in?

I am not sure that I can do eveything from VNC as if I was logged
directly in the console.  Should I be able to?

Thanks!

~Dan