Re: Linuxconf replaced by what?

Robert P. J. Day wrote:

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004, Hugh Foster wrote:

If you have any particular queries, ask again.

Being a bit dim here. The box (it's a laptop) has failed to initialize its'
PCMCIA and I want to rummage; I tried system-config-pcmcia and
system-config-network but nothing happened. All help is most appreciated

if it's the same problem i had, i have to (for now) manually

  # modprobe yenta_socket
  # service pcmcia start

since /etc/init.d/pcmcia is still a bit whacked out in terms of getting
stuff right.  i'd be really interested if this fixes the problem.

rday

The posts I have seen do not indicate a problem with pcmcia directly, but rather with activating network interface before the pcmcia service is started..

OTOH, there is an apparent conflict with the network and pcmcia. Most have had good luck in getting pcmcia to work at boot time *and* load the network by setting the network config for the pcmcia adapter to NOT load at boot. When the pcmcia services start later the network interface is activated anyway. If the network interface is activated first it seems to prevent proper initialization of the pmmcia card.