Re: Palm Zire 72 and FC2 USB connection

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 22:41:31 +0800, Dexter Ang <thepoch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Mike Burney wrote:
> > Dexter,
> >
> > I was just dealing with the same issue with a Tungsten T3.  For grins, I
> > downloaded jpilot and it synced just fine.  See if that works for you.
>
> Thanks for the reply! Anyway, the thing is, USB syncing won't even work
> with pilot-xfer (which is what jpilot uses). My Zire 72 keeps switching
> USB ports. It keeps disconnecting then reconnecting for some strange
> reason. Check my pasted /var/log/messages log below. Are you seeing that
> with your Tungsten T3? Anyway, I am able to sync using infrared. But
> would still love to get USB working, as IRDA is really slow.

I'm not clear on what you mean by "switching USB ports".  As I
understand it, the "ports" are really more like channels, in that
they're selected in software, and not physical at all.   The device
selected by the handheld is largely affected by the USB hardware or
the OS in use on the handheld -- for example, my OS4.1 m505 used to
talk on /dev/ttyUSB0 and my T|T and T|T3 use /dev/ttyUSB1, even though
in both cases, it conects to both 0 and 1 when the sync starts.  In
/var/log/messages, I notice that the "address" continues to increase
on every sync, but the attached ports stay the same.

--
Ben Steeves
            ben.steeves@xxxxxxxxx