Re: burner disappears after update kernel

You should access the burner with the IDE name convention, e.g.
"/dev/hdd". I understand that now IDE devices, although mapped to SCSI
devices, can be accessed with the usuale IDE naming convention. This
affects not only the kernel, but cdrecord too.

Hope it helps.

--
Andrea Giuliano, Ph. D.
ICCU - Istituto Centrale per il Catalogo Unico