Scsi problems with fedora 2 update kernels

I don't know whether it's only my system doing this, but I am observing
the same behaviour on both kernels
	kernel-2.6.6-1.427.i686, and
	kernel-2.6.6-1.435.i686
(the two kernels so far in the updates ... unless I've missed some).

The system runs fine with the kernel-2.6.5-1.358.i686 kernel (with or
without 8k stacks for my NVidia card); and (as a test) it still runs
fine with fedora 1 using the 2.4.20-28.9 or 2.4.20-30.9 kernels (still
had the disk lying around and cheked).

The problem only occurs on the 2.6.6-1 kernels listed above:

On boot up, the system hangs just after mounting the root file system
(on an ide drive) - that is when it attemts to mount the swap partitions
(2 partitions, one IDE and one SCSI) the system hangs and eventually
throws me into a shell because it cannot find a single scsi drive do do
an fsck on.  Nor can fdisk -l show their partition tables - the program
returns immediately without even an error message.

On further probing, cat'ing /proc/scsi/scsi shows all 3 scsi drives, and
he driver (aic7xxx) appears to have loaded correctly - but the
partitions on those drives cannot be found by the system.

Hardware:
	hdc (root file system) 160GB ide-133 drive
	sda	80 GB drive (has swap partition on it)
	sdb	36 GB drive
	sdc	36 GB drive

Controller is adaptec 29160.  (Other details Athlon xp 2600+, Gigabyte
ga-7nnxp MB, 1GB pc3200 memory.)

I may have missed a post about this (my mail service was hosed for
almost a week while I inconveniently was out of town - oops), but I went
to bugzilla and didn't find it...

Has this already been discovered?  Any suggestions/solutions?

Thanks,

--
William W. Austin                          waustin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
					   bill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx