Re: Fedora & MAYA (Graphic Application)

somu wrote:

hi
thanks Pedro for quick response.

When i run maya its says opengl not present, even Quake-3 doesn't play
properly. When  i give for rendering it says opengl not present
rendering in buffer.

The Nvidia drivers which i have downloaded is for XFree86 and i coudn't
find for X.org. This driver RH9 works fine. So I selected Nvidia driver
which comes with FC-2.

Thanks somu

Somu,
I'm forwarding your message back to fedora-list , as I have a radeon card here (and my brother , who has a nvidia card , decided to reinstall FC1 , so I dont have any practical experience with nvidia on FC2).
But from what I read , the driver for XFree86 works in x.org. The only problem is the kernel , with the 4K stacks patch. You'll have to download (or recompile) a kernel without this patch , otherwise the nvidia driver wont work. As soon as you have a 8K stack kernel , then you can configure the driver as you would do on any other system with XFree86. (x.org is a fork of XFree86 before the licensing issues)
Do a search on the archives , as I remmember seeing a lot of messages about the nvidia drivers on FC2.

--
Pedro Macedo