Re: KVM FYI

On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 15:56:26 -0400 (EDT), Tom Diehl <tdiehl@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I do not know where you work, but wheel mice are the norm everywhere I work.

On the "Outlook" KVMs we use at work (which are built into our IBM
racks), there are no middle mouse buttons.  They use a two-button
Trackpoint (like ThinkPads).  No wheels, no third/middle button.  The
KVMs work great with Netware, Solaris, Dell x86 and IBM x86 machines.
No drivers, no weirdness (that I'm aware of).

> It worked before so as far as I am concerned some change in this latest
> kernel broke it.
> One other thing I have noticed, with the old kernel switching between the
> different machines with the kvm was instantaneous. With the new kernel
> there is about a 1 second delay. Something changed and it is not for the
> better.

I'm not sure how a kernel could interact one way or another with your
KVM, unless you're using a very odd KVM indeed.

--
Ben Steeves
            ben.steeves@xxxxxxxxx