RE: KVM FYI

Hi,

Sean, this message is NOT directed at you.  It is intended to
be directed at *all* developers that have an 'attitude' with
regard to what goes into Linux.

Previously, I had said that my Belkin KVM worked when
using .proto=imp but alas that is NOT the case.  I am
now testing the .proto=bare case but wont know till I
check it out every few days switch between computers.
(The problem (jumping cursors) does not break right away
but it *does* break in the case of imp.)

I also want to add a comment on what Tom is trying to say
(although I don't want to put words in his mouth) to those
of you too lazy to implement a fix for issues like this:

"Microstiff is probably happy and gleeful that idiot programmers
of Linux just don't get it from a business perpective.  M$ will
continue to RULE the desktop because they attend to the details
and FIX things that support OLD hardware including the "lowly"
Belkin KVM!  THEY ARE THE PROFESSIONALS AND WILL CONTINUE TO
DOMINATE THE DESKTOP!!!"

I hope that I have been able to get your blood boiling red hot?  Mine
is.  It is *not* a good attitude that old hardware will no longer be
supported or comments like: "Get new hardware, its too old", or "hey!
its not MY problem. Fix it yourself!"  There are *many* reasons why
old hardware is still around and a LOT is because of economics, even
in the richest country in the world (there are still poor people in
it).  I want to add that I saw a URL somewhere that there is an
organization
that restores OLD computers so that poor people, schools, the needy
whatever can use them and the plan was to install LINUX on it!  I
*don't*
think it is reasonable for them to: 'Sorry, get NEW hardware." attitude
will fly here :-(  Not that they will necessairly get a KVM -- but hey!
WHO KNOWS ;-)

Please at MINIMUM to direct people to the right source, links,
documentation,
or 'How to do it yourself' so that others with a vested interest might
be
able to do something about it because time is cheap for them compared to
the alternative.

Best regards,
Dan