Re: sb awe 32

Marzio Maffei wrote:
Any one know how to make the sounblaster awe 32 work with fedora core
2?!
at boot time the system seems to detect it but whem i use the wizard of
fedora core 2 to confogure the sound card it says "no card found!"
with all the previuos distro of RedHat and with Fedora core 1 i always
used sndconfig and all works fine!!

can anyone help me?!

There was some discussion about using an ISA based soundcard. I did a quick search for isa cards using alsa and came up with this article.

http://www.pcquest.com/content/search/showarticle.asp?artid=26683

In the archives is earlier discussions regarding cards that used to require the sndconfig utility, which is no longer included.

sorry I couldn't lead you to a direct answer.

Jim

-- Fine day to work off excess energy. Steal something heavy.