Kernel panic at boot due to ide attach failure

Hi all,

I just installed fc2 and upon first boot from the new system, I get this:

ACPI: S3 and PAE dont like each other for now, S3 disabled
audit (<some number>) initialized
hdb: INVALID GEOMETRY: 255 PHYSICAL HEADS?
ide-default: hdb: Failed to register the driver with ide.c
Kernel panic: ide: default attach failed

The problem is hdb, which is a 6 GB or so noteboook IDE harddisk.
I had this running under FC1 with no problems.

Any boot parameter I could try?

Thanks,

MARK