Re: Urgent need Help with glibc

Alexandre Oliva wrote:

On Jun 18, 2004, "Michael Jürgens" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have a big problem with a RH8 Server.
I installed fedora glibc rpm on a redhat 8.0 by mistake.
And now it is impossible to start rpm updates anymore.
rpm exits with segmentation fault.

unfortunally I have no access to the console of the server (it is in a
data center far away).

IIRC I've recovered from a similar situation once by copying select libraries from another similar box on which I hadn't made the same mistake to /tmp/recovery/lib, and then running something like /tmp/recovery/lib/ld-linux.so.2 --library-path /tmp/recovery/lib \ /bin/rpm ...

Is there any chance?

Probably worth a shot.

Use ssh to login then upload the glibc source and compile it.