Re: Adding Linux distro to fstab

Am Fr, den 18.06.2004 schrieb Trey Sizemore um 22:46:
> I want to use Fedora's grub install as the bootloader.  Right now
> I can boot into FC2 but want to add SUSE to the grub.conf file.  SUSE is
> currently installed on /dev/hda1(hd0,0) and FC2 on /dev/hda8.  I also
> want to be able to access the SUSE shares from within FC2 (/dev/hda1 is
> SUSEs /, /dev/hda5 is SUSEs /usr, and /dev/hda6 is SUSEs /home).
>
> My question is what should by /etc/fstab and /etc/grub.conf files look
> like?

grub.conf:

depends how you did SuSE. If you had a separate /boot partition which
you eventually share with FC, you should copy the Fedora lines and ajust
it accordingly.

If your SuSE root partition includes the /boot directory and SuSE lilo
is installed there, you may add:
title SuSE 9.1
        rootnoverify (hd0,0)
        chainloader +1

fstab:

you should make a subdirectory for each SuSE parition (e.g.
/mnt/suseroot, /mnt/suseusr and so on)

/dev/hda1      /mnt/suseroot               ext3    defaults        1 2
/dev/hda5      /mnt/suseusr               ext3    defaults        1 2

eventually reiserfs instead of ext3

Peter