Re: Sound Problem

Don R Maxwell wrote:
Dj Rose wrote:

I just installed Fedora Core 2 the other day and since then my sound will not work. It worked fine with Fedora Core 1, I'm not sure if something changed or what the deal was, but it was about the same time that it quit that I installed FC2. I am running a machine with a SoundBlaster Audigy and now using kernel v 2.6.6-1.435. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

You will want to search the message archives of this list. ALSA 1.0.3, as shipped with FC2, lacks the drivers for Creative SoundBlaster Audigy and its close cousins.

I had the very same problem as you describe with my SounBlaster.

I had to d/l alsa 1.0.5 (esp the lib!) and recompile and install. Sound is fine after that.

Don,
Thanks for the info about missing drivers in Alsa 1.0.3,I've searched ever since FC2s release and never came across it.In installing do you rpm -e <old>Alsa then <new> and does it include the kernel modules being updated.

     Thanks david