Re: No permissions on home folder?

Gerald Stermsek wrote:

Shortly after installation of FC2 the symbols on my desktop for computer, my home and trash changed.
They have a pencil behind a prohibition sign in their upper right corner.
See also: http://nm.wu-wien.ac.at/nonsens/screenshot.jpg

When clicking properties on my home folder the tab permissions says:
"You are not the owner, so you can't change these permissions"
But I can access all the items in these folders and change permissions.

chown gerald:gerald -R gerald/
and chmod 750 -R gerald/

This would not be good. Directories NEED the execute permissions and usually are 770 permissions, but files usually should NOT have the execute bit set unless they are actually executable files.

have not changed anything.

My question: Is this a bug or is something wrong with my system?

regards,
Gerald