Re: FC2 install/upgrade problem

patemery@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I have RedHat 7.2 on a system and it is a functioning stable system. I wish
to upgrade to FC2 but I'm getting an error before the installation even gets
started. I'm getting the following error.

<quote>
Duplicate Labels

Multiple devices on your system are labelled /. Labels across devices must be
unique for system to function properly.

Please fix this problem and restart the installation process.
</quote>

I checked my fstab and I don't see the offending duplicate labels. Does
anyone have any suggestions? Here is my fstab

This is not an fstab error.
You are usingf device names in the fstab so labels are ignored.
You have 2 partitions on this machine with the label "/"

the fix is to
1) use e2label to identify these 2 partitions and change the label on one

[pat@heart core2]$ more /etc/fstab
/dev/hda2               /                       ext3    defaults        1 1
/dev/hdc2               /mnt/data1              ext2    defaults        0 2
/dev/hdd1               /mnt/data2              ext2    defaults        0 2
none                    /dev/pts                devpts  gid=5,mode=620  0 0
none                    /proc                   proc    defaults        0 0
none                    /dev/shm                tmpfs   defaults        0 0
/dev/hda3               swap                    swap    defaults        0 0
/dev/cdrom              /mnt/cdrom              iso9660 noauto,owner,kudzu 0 0
/dev/fd0                /mnt/floppy             auto    noauto,owner,kudzu 0 0
\\dad\cdrive            /mnt/dad                smb     noauto,user,rw  0 0
\\dad\jukebox           /mnt/jukebox            smb     noauto,users,rw 0 0

Thanks,
Pat