Re: NFS4 startup error - RPC MTAB not found ??

Edward Hourigan wrote:
When booting up, the script /etc/init.d/nfs reports:

Starting NFS services:                                     [  OK  ]
Starting NFS quotas:                                       [  OK  ]
Starting NFS daemon:                                       [  OK  ]
Starting NFS mountd:                                       [  OK  ]
Starting rpcidmapd
Starting NFS4 idmapd: Error: RPC MTAB does not exist.
Starting rpc.svcgssd

What is RPC MTAB?

I can get rid of the error by mounting the rpc_pipefs filesystem first.

mount -t rpc_pipefs sunrpc /var/lib/nfs/rpc_pipefs/

Not sure if this is causing my NFS client problems or not. Each client reports 'permission denied' when trying to mount NFS shares.

However I can't get any clients to mount NFS exports from Fedora Core 2 servers. Did you have any luck? Has anybody successfully ran a Fedora Core 2 NFS V3 server?

System:
cat /etc/redhat-release
Fedora Core release 1.92 (FC2 Test 3)

uname -a
Linux dell1 2.6.4 #1 Sun Mar 21 09:10:35 EST 2004 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

--
Edward Hourigan <_edhlinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:edhlinux@xxxxxxxxxxxx>>