Re: New User

Hi all......I don't have much experience with Linux...did use Unix years ago and now I current have a Windows Network enviroment installed in my home office consisting of a 2003 SBS server (acting as primary domain controller and running Exchange 2003/DNS and some other stuff)...and Windows 2000 server (running PHP under IIS and running as backup domain controller and DNS) and an OLD machine (8+ years old) that currently runs Windows NT that I want to use as a  database server and to be my public network server....I have always wanted to jump into Linux.  My vendor just got off the phone with me and he has an entry level machine...a 750 MHz running Fedora (I think he said 9 or 10) at a VERY reasonable price and I think I will go for it and replace the NT.   I want to learn and be proficient in linux and am willing to "hit the books".  Will it be hard integrating the new machine into the overall network?  I use a Belkin Omnicube 4 port with each of the servers plugged in so I can use ONE keyboard/mouse and monitor....can this machine be interfaced with that?  I hope to get a new flat screen monitor next week and have mis-givings if linux can utilize it....anyone using Flat screens with linux?  I want this machine to be a viable part of the overall network.  Thanks for your time.

Shadow

Shadow