Re: [FC2] Impossible to mount any CD

James Wilkinson wrote/ha scritto, On/il 16/06/2004 01:55:

antonio montagnani wrote:

Still I can't mount CD-RW and or DVD.
This is my fstab file

LABEL=/ / ext3 defaults 1 1
LABEL=/boot /boot ext3 defaults 1 2
none /dev/pts devpts gid=5,mode=620 0 0
none /proc proc defaults 0 0
none /dev/shm tmpfs defaults 0 0
/dev/hdb3 swap swap defaults 0 0
/dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy auto noauto,owner,kudzu 0 0
/dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom udf noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0
/dev/cdrom1 /mnt/cdrom1 udf noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0

At some point, you may have difficulties with that "udf": most CD-ROMs aren't in UDF, and I don't believe that the Linux udf driver knows how to read iso9660.

You may find that replacing "udf" with "udf,iso9660" (or "auto") works
better.

HTH,

James.

James and Scott

tnx for your remark....of course this is another issue, that might preclude any reading...but it is a bug created from upgrade
Just to resume for any newbie (as I am) main issues:

- FC2 was un upgrade from FC1 (that was running very well)
- FC2 didn't create any simbolyc link between /dev/cdrom to /dev/hdc or /dev/cdrom1/hdd.....that is really annoying
- soundcard was not detected (and my old Creative card was working on FC1) and I had to install manually
- changed to udf in fstab
- an old ISA network card was replaced as not supported (unless you recompile kernel, that compared of 8 Euro .....made my decision very easy!!)

Tnx to everybody for great support (I am going to upgrade another router and I will report if similar issues arise)

--

Antonio Montagnani

Working with  Mozilla 1.6 on Redhat Linux Fedora Core 1
    Uso Mozilla 1.6 su Redhat Linux Fedora Core 1