Re: AMD64 install fails

On Mon, 2004-06-14 at 17:15, Dr J Austin wrote:
> Hi KAS,
> 	Many thanks for your detailed suggestion
> 	I have checked out the reference you suggested and was
> convinced you had found the problem - however .....
>
> Changed the memory clock in the BIOS from 200 MHz to 100MHz
> and did two conplete installs it fell over in exactly
> the same place as before both times!!!!
> FC2 i386 and FC2T3 still run OK !!!!

I haven't tried installing on a system without having at least 1 /boot
partition and have pretty much ignored SATA, especially on those
mini-RAID controllers...the installed i386 and x86_64 kernels have
identical filenames so trying to install into a single /boot is
problematic.  Perhaps the bad mojo is coming from the combination of
x86_64, no /boot, SATA and the sata_sil driver.  IIRC, the last FC2T3
kernel was the same a the original FC2 kernel so that can't be the
problem...perhaps sata_sil does differ though.

KAS