Re: bootdisk

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004, Angie wrote:
My CD-rom is not bootable to any softwares. I tried changing the bios to boot
from cd-rom, but no luck. The only way I can install any OS is to use a
floppy boot disk.

The instructions on how to make a bootdisk for Redhat linux does not work
Fedora Core 2 diskboot.img. So how do I make a bootdisk for Fedora Core 2 ?

I wish that the dosutils directory would have stayed on disc1, just like it was on FC1. There was a simple program called 'autoboot.bat' which looked like this:

loadlin autoboot\vmlinuz initrd=autoboot\initrd.img ramdisk_size=9216 %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9

So, you have three pieces to find, loadlin.exe, and the vmlinuz/initrd.img from the disc1/images/pxeboot/
directory. Place them all on the hard drive, and run the above command from dos.

I also have worked on a network grub loader, but you have to have a tftp server:
http://www.hp.uab.edu/~ed/grub-net.html

ed

Security on the internet is impossible without strong, open, and unhindered encryption.