Re: DHCP for multiple subnets (was: Re: Routing and bandwidth problem)

At 13:59 6/13/2004, Benjamin J. Weiss wrote:
If I recall correctly, (and mind, I haven't seen all of this thread),
Rodolfo started his quest in another thread.  He was trying to act as a
quasi-ISP for others in his building, so that they could all share the
costs of a high-speed internet line.  IIRC, he wanted to be hands-off,
such that his "clients" could just plug in and deal with their own IT
issues.  If he had gone with MAC-based DHCP, he'd have become their
de-facto IT/SA shop.  I don't think that he wants the additional burden.
:)

Spot on. <smile>

By the way, the system has been up for a week now with three subnets (clients) connected and is working like a charm. Thanks to everyone who either helped or tried to help!

Cheers,

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.simpaticus.com