setting up a web server in a low security env

Are you using FC1 or FC2? I believe that FC1 uses samba and FC2 uses cifs. Anyway, I usually revert to using ftp for transferring files from a windows machine.

Good luck with your job and you might want to start out using FC1 or an earlier RHL version. (7.3, 8.0 or 9)

There might be a problem with the machine running linux having a netbios cached somewhere. I had this problem with one of my computer. At the time, I dual booted and just changed it in winME. Of course winME is no longer on the machine.

Jim

narik coshek wrote:

Hello to everyone and thank you inadvance for any help you may be able to offer.