Re: VNC

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 14:28:51 -0500 (CDT), Benjamin J. Weiss <benjamin@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It's not a good idea to use telnet. SSH is *much* better. Also, I have a
quicky howto on tunneling VNC over ssh using PuTTY.

http://www.benjamin.weiss.name/putty-tunnel.html

Doing it this way also means that you can keep the firewall closed to the
vnc ports and only allow ssh through.  much more secure. :)

I am aware of that, I was only pointing out that if there was a need to use a terminal remotely to run vncpasswd, that he could go that route. I always run vnc over ssh if I use it on a public network.

--
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Mark Haney
Network, Database and Systems Administration
DoctorDirectory.com Inc.