Re: [FC2] might be good but kernel 2.6 too much hassle...

On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 21:51:37 +0200
"Coume - Lubox.com" <coume.mailinglists@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Came back home, put that new card in the computer... and what a
> surprise, this one is not working too. Ok, let's browse the internet,
> Tulip...
> Oh tulip, there is also a problem with kernel 2.6, great :) I'm so
> lucky, I have 2 NIC cards, none are working properly with kernel 2.6!

Ludo,

Wouldn't give up just yet.   It would be rather surprising if you couldn't get
one or both your nics working.   What is the make of the onboard NIC ?  What
is the problem you're seeing?   Do you see the nic listed when you type:

# ifconfig -a

What about after you type:

# modprobe tulip
# ifconfig -a

Do you see any hints in the output of  'dmesg'?    Are you able to configure
new network hardware with  'system-config-network'?

Good luck,
Sean