Re: Problem with VMware

Hi All!
I've got weird problem while installing Windows 2000/XP system on
VMware-workstation.
I believe VMware is installed properly - I've installed it from rpm
package. Then, vmware-config.pl also runs and exits without problems
ending configuration with "Enjoy!".

I've created a virtual machine. Then, I've powered virtual machine on
with W2K cdrom in drive. Windows installation starts, it probes for
hardware and then, just after starting formatting my virtual partition
with selected filesystem everything gets crazy. Computer doesn't hang,
but it stoppes responding - it looks like being hardly overloaded or
something. HDD LED blinks so I believe that something is being
performed.
At first I thought that my hardware is not enough robust, so i left my
computer while "cooking" windows partition for... 2 DAYS! But after
these 2 days LEDs were still blinking and my computer was not responding
at all...

Could You give me some hint on some solution? What could I mess up? Why
windows "hangs" while trying to make FAT/NTFS partition?

Your help will be appreciated :-)

Thanks in advance!

My software:
VMwareWorkstation-4.5.1-7568
kernel-2.6.5-1.358
Fedora Core 2

My hardware:
Duron 1000
Abit KT7a
256 DDR
Seagate Barracuda IV 40GB

Hi,
Make sure in the virtual machine settings ('edit virtual machine','options' tab, 'general', guest os version {dropdown list}) the operating system is set exactly to the one you are trying to install (ie if it says winXP and your trying to install 2k change it!). I had the same problem and this was why.
James.