Re: resize ext3 on install

On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 09:02:32 -0700 (PDT), Lin Tse Hsu <evfreek@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>Hi.  Try again with a more to the point question.
>
>Does FC2 support non-destructive ext3 partition
>resizing during install?
>
>I searched the archives, but the search function does
>not seem to work with lynx.  Also, the screenshots in
>
>http://www.johnmunsch.com/articles/FedoraCoreGettingStarted/
>
>only show the "automatic partitioning" type of
>installation.  Is there an installation manual
>available?

I did a bit of Googling and have this suggestion.  Bear in mind that I have
not tried it, nor do I know that it works.  This may be dangerous and/or
stupid.   Let me know what happens. <GRIN>

EXT3 is the same as EXT2 with journalling.  If you disable journalling with
tunefs on the EXT3 partitions, then modify FSTAB to set the partition type to
EXT2, the partitions should be resizable.  After resizing, reverse the
procedure to set the partition type back to EXT3 and resume journalling via
tunefs.

--
   Steve