Re: Dear Fedora Community, what do you want?

On Sat, 2004-06-05 at 02:17, Art wrote:
> The main problem I see is the lack of documentation. For instance I am
> now in the process of to set up cdrecord for my new DVD-RW drive. Under
> FC2 cdrecord-2.01-0a27.3 is said to "include patches to include the
> ProDVD" capabilities. Great. However Xcdroast refuses to acknowledge the
> existance of the /dev/dvd device, and I can't find any info on how to
> implement  the system.
Are you sure that you /dev/dvd exists?

Fedora does not create the symbolic link for /dev/dvd by default (which
is a bit irritating), you need to find out which device your drive is
(/dev/hda,b,c,d,etc if ide), and then run ln -s /dev/hdc /dev/dvd
(replace the c for which ever letter is needed). This may help.

Doug