Re: corupted kernel

On Sun, 6 Jun 2004, Crutcher Dunnavant wrote:

> would this do it?
> rpm -ivh --force kernel-???.rpm

It should but if it is failing because of deps he should really add the deps
to the command line. That way things are back to normal.

> On 7 Jun 2004 01:26:59 -0000, sly <dsyc@xxxxx> wrote:
> >

> > >Assuming you are correct and it is really corrupt (I doubt it but I have been
> > >wrong before). Boot into rescue mode and reinstall the kernel rpm. Your
> > >backup is the original rpm you installed during the install.
> >
> > it is corrupted cuz i did it! :( i messed up!

Oops!! Happens to the best of us. :-)

> > >Boot into rescue mode
> > >mount the cd with the original kernel rpm on it
> > >rpm -ivh --replacepkgs kernel*.rpm should do it.
> >
> > it fails because of dependencies!

I would suggest you add the deps to the command line. Something
like rpm -ivh --replacepkgs kernel*.rpm dep1.rpm dep2.rpm etc. should
do it. Using -- force might make the problem worse in the end.

HTH,

Tom