Re: Mono 1.0 Beta 2 Release: Fedora Core Linux 2, x86

On Sun, 2004-06-06 at 15:22, Gene Delitzoy wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-06-06 at 11:16, sangu wrote:
> > http://www.go-mono.com/archive/yum-repository/fedora-2-i386/
> >
> > My desktop screenshot :
> > http://home.megapass.co.kr/~linux00/img/muine-0.6.2.jpg
> >
> > muine homepage : http://muine.gooeylinux.org/
> >

> Can you tell us a little bit more. I would like to run and install some
> applications that require the ms .net framework. What would i have to
> install out of that repository to do that?

(I'm not sangu, but I want to help.)  You can simply add

[mono]
name=Mono 1.0 Beta2
baseurl=http://www.go-mono.com/archive/yum-repository/fedora-2-i386/

to your /etc/yum.conf file and run "yum install" for the packages that
you want.

Currently there is a small dependency problem involving the version
number of the wine rpm in the repository.  They are going to fix it
either tonight or tomorrow.  So you might want to wait a little bit.

When the problem is corrected, you can do "yum install mono-complete" to
get everything.  Doing "yum install mono-complete-devel" will get you
all the devel packages.  I just learned that "mono-complete" and
"mono-complete-devel" are meta packages.

If you are a little impatient, like me, you can install the packages
that does not have dependencies on wine right now.  I did a "yum install
monodevelop" and it pulled in almost everything.  (Use "yum list" to
find the complete list of packages, only a few
packages---bytefx-data-mysql, mono-data-postgresql, mono-winforms,
winelib, mono-complete, mono-complete-devel---have dependencies on
wine.)

I'm not that familiar with yum.  So there might be better ways of doing
what I just described.

My understanding of Mono is that not all applications written for the MS
.NET Framework will run in Mono.  So your mileage may vary.

HTH,
--
Weiqi Gao (éäå)
weiqigao@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx