Re: Fedora Core 3 Wishlist

On Jun 6, 2004, at 7:30 AM, Ankit Malik wrote:

21. Support for Microphone (it was there in FC1)

My microphone seems to be working fine in FC2. Didn't have to do anything to get it in that state either.

22. Better CDROM Device Mounting (its next to broken in FC2 :-( )

Broken? How so? If I'm in a GNOME session, and put a CD or DVD in, it gets mounted. If I'm not and type "mount /mnt/cdrom", it gets mounted. What's broken?

23. UP2DATE Should be gixed :::PLEASE >>>>>>

Not that I ever even bother with up2date (yum update is so much simpler), but what pray tell, is wrong with it?

Now what would be really useful? Pre-packaged, distributed on the standard media, not a 3rd party download, RPMs of some of the more "exotic" WLAN drivers, such as madwifi, ipw2100, ipw2200, hostap (wep/wpa support for the ipw2x00), ndiswrapper. Also, some fixing to system-config-network to understand about wifi devices such as wlan0. When I installed ndiswrapper (to support my Linksys WPC54G), I had to manually create my own /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-wlan0, since the network config tool would not allow me to specify the device wlan0.