Re: can't shutdown or reboot from gnome

J. Scott Amort wrote:
On Fri, 2004-04-06 at 20:40 -0400, Jim Cornette wrote:

This sounds like a problem that I had with SELinux enabled. I guess you might try adding selinux=0 to the grub.conf file or change the selinux file that was discussed earlier on the list.

Thanks - that was it.  I changed /etc/sysconfig/selinux to read
SELINUX=disabled, and all works fine now.  However, I would be
interested to know how to keep selinux enabled and still allow
reboot/shutdown from a user account.  Thanks.

Cheers,
Scott

There is a list (or at least there was) where it is dedicated on getting things working correctly with SELInux enabled. The people on the list are very helpful. I would search the archives first anyway for answers.

There are different schemes to set policy for your files to work correctly. You can do this by compiling the policy, which will set your file permissions correctly. There are also binary programs that correct your file/directory/programs to the needed permissions.

This was a bit interesting to try, but it is more complicated than "it just works". I think the list is called selinux-fedora-list but am not sure. Hopefully once joined and contributing to making SELinux practical, it will be ready to go for Fedora 3. SELinux was supposed to be in FC2 but reformulating the way things are done is in development.

Jim