Re: KDE very slow in core2

On Sat, 5 Jun 2004 14:02:16 +0200, Patrice Brockhaus <patrice@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm using a celeron 333Mhz an i'm very disappointed of the performance of KDE. The start-menu is almost unusable because I often have to wait
several seconds for menus to pop up :-(. Works great with core 1. Anyone
experienng this too?

I've noticed this problem too, and it certainly isn't the speed of your machine that is causing it (well it could be a factor) because I am using an AMD 1700+ and I still get long pauses between some of the menus opening, particularly if there are a lot of items in said menu.

Can this be because of ext3fs? I'm using reiserfs whith core 1, but I had no choice of reiserfs during instalation of core2 :-(.

I don't think so. I used ext3 for both FC1 and FC2, and this problem certainly wasn't evident in FC1. I think the problem could be with the revisions that KDE made to make it compliant with the Open Desktop standards? Can anyone further enlighten me here?

--
Dylan Parry