Re: Grub Config

Avery wrote:

All of these setting can be found in the file /boot/grub/grub.conf
Messing around with a front for grub in my opinion is a waste of time. Get familiar with the VIM text editor.
Try doing this at the command prompt
#vi /boot/grub/grub.conf
type the letter "i" to edit the file
type in :wq to write the changes to the file and quit

Jim Cornette said:

Chiheb Djabri wrote:

Hi

How to set the default OS to booting... And I would to set 20 sec
instead of 10 how to do this?

If you want a GUI based way to set the timeout and default OS, install
system-config-boot. It works on my system, I assume it works on most
systems.

If it is installed, you should be able to access it by  going to system
settings -->> bootloader (GNOME anyway)

Jim

--
Abandon the search for Truth; settle for a good fantasy.

I usually use gedit and open up the file to edit the settings. Either that or browse in the console, highlight the file, then press F4 to edit, then F2 to save the file with mc. I like the GUI way to change the timeout and default boot loader. I also don't care much for vi and the insert comands or :wq. Using minux a long time ago was about my last time using these very powerful but awkward programs.

I guess it matters to whether you like to use an electric screwdriver over a manual screwdriver, in comparison.

The wonders of may alternatives to getting the same results.

Jim

--
You get along very well with everyone except animals and people. Can you tell?