Re: FC2 and Gkrellm

On Fri, 2004-06-04 at 19:36, Brian Fahrlander wrote:
>     Anyone else noticed that lm_sensors 'runs' but gkrellm can't tell
> where to find the sensors?  It's understandable; all the details got
> changed with the new kernel.
>
>     Just trying to verify that it's not me...
AFAIK, you must run sensors-detect (as root IIRC) and add the
information manually to several files as instructed in the output of
sensors-detect in order to get anything but a possible THRM input to
display in gkrellm.  You will also probably want to look up your
motherboard on the MBM5 web site to verify exactly which sensors and
inputs are used on your mb... sensors-detect makes educated guesses but
you may need to give it a little manual help and the MBM5 site is the
best reference I know of.

Anyhow, gkrellm is showing temps, voltages and fan speeds on a wide
variety of systems here under FC2...although the method of getting
lm-sensors to work is somewhat obscured by its simplicity.

HTH,
KAS