Re: smb:// Not showing anything???

Nicholas Ruddick wrote:

I've discovered that in FC2 if i do smbclient -L localhost -N it does not show what the master server is however if I do the same under FC1 it does. The master server is a redhat 7.3 box. Something seriously wrong. The master server is required to show server lists. It's broke. Any ideas?

Nicholas Ruddick

Ah tracked this down to being that iptables default firewall rules don't let master server broadcasts through. Turning off iptables make smbclient -L localhost -N show that the master server is being recognised as the master server, but STILL Network Servers or smb:// do not show any clients. I'm baffled....

Nicholas Ruddick