Re: Broadcom-based WLAN on FC2: supported?

Steve Snyder wrote:

So... is the Broadcom BCM94306 controller supported in FC2?

Thanks.

The answer is YES! I am using that card as well.

Here is my lspci output:
02:02.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM94306 802.11g (rev 02)

Check out the following site: http://sourceforge.net/projects/ndiswrapper/
I just installed FC2 3 days ago. After the install, I downloaded ndiswrapper version 0.8-rc2.
decompress the archive to someplace like /usr/local, descend into the ndiswrapper directory, and follow the directions in the INSTALL file. You will of course need the bcmwl5.sys and bcmwl5.inf files from windows XP to make it all work. If you don't have them let me know and I can attach them in an email to you.

There is one catch. If you are using WEP, a file called /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/keys-wlan0 is created. The line KEY=s:XXXX-XXXX-XX needs to be changed (at least on my system) to KEY=XXXX-XXXX-XX. After that everything works. I played with some things like system-control-network to set up wlan0 to start on boot. Just remember that it will re-break the keys file.

Good Luck !!!