Re: openldap - force simple auth?

Jason Costomiris wrote:
On Jun 2, 2004, at 9:34 PM, Rick Stevens wrote:

Yes, and PHP wants the server to accept LDAP V2.  Make sure you have the
"allow bind_v2" in your slapd.conf file.  Restart slapd if you have to
alter that file.

Yes, I've got that.  In fact, that's how it came out of the box..

Still no joy..

Well, as I said, the "-x" is specific to the LDAP utilities such as ldapmodify. The LDAP library has both ldap_simple_bind() and ldap_sasl_bind(). I looked at the PHP site and you're right, all they offer is ldap_bind().

In my code, I do the ldap_connect() using just a hostname and a port--
I don't use a URL.  My bind is done with a regular username and
cleartext password and it works.  Now, note that this is against a
Netscape LDAP server.  I'm replacing it with an OpenLDAP server and
no testing has been done yet.  I'll keep a note to let you know what
I discover.
- Rick Stevens, Senior Systems Engineer     rstevens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -
-        Brain:  The organ with which we think that we think.        -