Re: [FC2] Making added modules permanent

On Thu, 3 Jun 2004, Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:

> How about simply adding "pcspkr" on its own line to /etc/modprobe.conf?
> That's what the file is for, after all... seems like the other solutions
> posted are reinventing the wheel.

Does that actually force the module to load?  I think I tried it in FC1
with a winmodem module and modules.conf and it didn't work.  My impression
was that modules.conf would only help locate the correct module to load on
demand.  (Now modprobe.conf may work differently...)

My solution was to add the modprobe command to /etc/rc.modules.  That
script is invoked by /etc/rc.sysinit for this purpose.

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu