Re: How are data DVDs written under FC1 ?

Kostas Sfakiotakis wrote:

I wanted to ask how can someone write a data dvd under Fedora Core 1 .
Am familiar with cdrecord and mkisofs as far as writting cds is concerned .
I know that there is a command called dvdrecord which seems to work like
cdrecord . But am rather uncertain on how to create a 4,5 GB ISO image in order to
feed it to dvdrecord to do the writing . Does anyone have any hints/examples ?

Kostas,

You already received a fine answer.

Let me add that using k3b makes the process very simple. In particular, I just backed up 4.2 GB of files to a DVD using k3b. And I only have about 1.5 GB free disk space.

--

John DeCarlo, My Views Are My Own