tvtime app in FC2 - ATI tuner card

I am having problems with the tvtime app in FC2. The channels are black-and-white and numbers off-by-one. My hardware is as follows:

Gigabyte 8INXP with P4 3.06
2 GB RAM
ATI Radeon 9700
ATI TV Wonder VE tuner card

This is a known issue with ATI tuner cards; and was easily remedied in FC1 by using the instructions on the tvtime author's website

http://tvtime.sourceforge.net/problems.html#tvwonder

as follows:

"The tuner driver defaults to detecting a PAL tuner on many NTSC capture cards, a notable example being the ATI TV Wonder cards. This causes all of the cable frequencies to be out of alignment, channel numbers are off-by-one and slightly detuned. To fix this, the tuner module must be told explicitly the tuner type when it is loaded by doing the following:

   modprobe tuner type=2

You may have to first remove the bttv module if it is already loaded. To make this change automatic, in your /etc/modules.conf file, add the following line:

   options tuner type=2

This will ensure that whenever the tuner module is loaded, it will use the correct tuner for this card."

However, with FC2 we have modprobe.conf instead of modules.conf. I have been having trouble with the correct syntax/placement of the options line in modprobe.conf. Here's my current modprobe.conf:

alias eth0 e1000
alias scsi_hostadapter aic7xxx
alias snd-card-0 snd-intel8x0
install snd-intel8x0 /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install snd-intel8x0 && /usr/sbin/alsactl restore >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
remove snd-intel8x0 { /usr/sbin/alsactl store >/dev/null 2>&1 || : ; }; /sbin/modprobe -r --ignore-remove snd-intel8x0
alias char-major-81 bttv
alias usb-controller ehci-hcd
alias usb-controller1 ohci-hcd

Any suggestions? If I have missed out on a previous post addressing this issue, please forgive me. I recently moved and had to switch ISP's, and some of my fedora-list Digests may have been lost.

Thanks.

B. Merkin