Error updating j2re

I was using synaptic to update the j2re and mozilla jave plug in, and
got this error message at the end.

error: %post(j2re-1.4.2-7.1.fc1.dag) scriptlet failed, exit status 127

On one machine, rpm -qa shows two version of j2re, but when I try
to use rpm -e to remove them, it says they are not installed, but -qa
shows them still there.

On a second machine, I removed the two  packages using rpm -e,
and then installing it. The same error message occurred, but on this
one the -e option removed the package.

  Guam Community College  Computer Center
  mailto:mikes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  http://www.guam.net/home/mikes
  Guam - Where America's Day Begins

http://setiathome.berkeley.edu
Number of Seti Units Returned:  13,448
Processing time:  28 years,  65 days, 13 hours, 15 minutes
(Total Hours: 246,853)