Re: FC2 samba...

MG wrote:
Hi!

I updated FC1 to FC2.
The windows clients cannot connect to samba. Why?
It seems all okay. The firewall doesn't run. The port 139 is avaiable.

What is the problem?

Bye!
Gabor

Are you using security=share as the security type? If so, there seems to be a bug with the samba that comes with FC2. I've tried accessing my laptop's shared folder from other machines (windows or linux) and it seems they are all asked for a password. But when they access the share directly, they are able to get in without being prompted. Annoying, as the configuration from the FC1, which worked perfectly, doesn't work in FC2.

Anybody else noticed this "security=share" problem that still asks for passwords? It's already in bugzilla, can't remember the bug#.

dex