Re: sendmail in FC2

On Tue, 2004-06-01 at 20:19 -0600, Jason Salaz wrote:
> OK, I only have a cable internet connection and I'm not on a network.
> Of course that's a contradiction in terms.  Would I use the DNS address
> that I've got in my network control applet then, that's pulled over
> DHCP?
>
> I'm not running any type of server, since I didn't choose any in the
> install.

If your not running an email server, then you can just shutoff sendmail
from even starting, since it won't be needed.  It's only for listening
to port 25 and receiving emails sent to that box anyway.

chkconfig sendmail off (or use the GUI, as in Hat/System Settings/Server
Settings/Services and uncheck it along with any other services you don't
need running).

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"It's always better to hurt a little now, than to hurt a lot later!"