Re: FC2: exceedingly slow shutdown

On Tue, Jun 01, 2004 at 02:59:59PM +0200, Alexander Volovics wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Anybody else notice that FC2 takes a very long time to shutdown.
> Clicking on the logout button it sometimes takes more than 5 minutes
> before the actual logout window appears and sometimes again that long
> before the actual shutdown begins after clicking the shutdown button.
>
> I have noticed this on at least 2 pc's and a laptop.
> Can gnome be involved in anyway?
I've experienced similar problems with Gnome logout taking a long time,
and that always happened whenever I had Xterm windows open. I suspect
session management is the culprit. However, now I use Gnome-terminal,
even though it is awfully slow in comparison (IMO, one of the top most
annoying things about Gnome, a basic thing such as a terminal emulator
should work properly), and so the problem disappeared.

--
< Øyvind Stegard <oyvinst@xxxxxxxxxx>
 < University of Oslo, Dept. of informatics