FC2: Cannot print from Mozilla to PCL5e printer

The failing command is gs, with the message:

DEBUG: no psname was provided.
GNU Ghostscript 7.07: Unrecoverable error, exit code 1

The printer has a really old postscript interpreter that can't handle the
file directly. I can't find a resolution. It appears to be a problem with
fonts, but I don't know what the solution might be.

I've attached the cups debug output if that is useful.