Finally! Successful install of FC2! Kudos.

After a bunch of problems, I finally got FC2 to install...

Congratulations to all that contributed to make this the spiffy product that
it looks like.  It runs nice and fast!

FYI, the problems that I had, in case this makes a difference to anybody:
1. Downloading the DVD image to Windows simply refused to work.  I used lftp
from Cygwin, and found out later that there is a problem with GCC 3.3 that
broke large files.  Perhaps SmartFTP?  I didn't have the patience, and just
used the 4 CD images instead.

2. I encountered the problem with the /sbin/loader hang (subject of a few bugs
in bugzilla).  I am running a P4P800-VM motherboard with 1012 version BIOS.
I found out accidently (by just walking away in disgust and coming back
later!) that if you wait about 7-8 minutes, the boot of the install CD
continues, at least for my hardware.  Some kind of SCSI timeout?

3. I notice that pptp-linux is not included in the Fedora distribution (it is
in Knoppix and Debian!) I need this because of how my ISP works. This forced
me to go back to Windows to get on the Internet to hunt down these packages.
I am still having a problem with routing information getting set, so my
Internet connection is not working in Linux, yet...

I am right now trying to rebuild the kernel source of the distribution so I
have things like NTFS enabled, etc...