Re: How to preserve users in new install?

romildo@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hello.

Currently I have Fedora Core 1 installed in my computer,
and I want to install Fedora Core 2. The problem isi
that I want to keep the same users that there is now.
Is there a way of backing up what users exists now and
their private data, and restore them after installation?

Note that I do not want an upgrade, but a new install
of the OS.

Look at:

   ftp://people.redhat.com/ckloiber/migrate_users.sh

It should do exactly what you want.