Re: [OT] Help: how to restore LILO/partition table

On Sun, May 30, 2004 05:11:02 AM -0700, Mick Mearns
(off_by_1@xxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> > > Hey Marco;
> > >   how are the drive jumpers set?
> > Nothing changed at that level. I did not mess with anything hardware
> > in the laptop
> >
> Sorry - I did not realize it was a laptop.
>
> Can you remove the hard drive and install from a desktop using an
> adapter?

Not possible, sorry.
> You should be able to clear the cmos somehow.

What do you mean exactly by "cmos"? All I can do to it is to either
mess with the BIOS setup interface, or do stuff bootinf off a
floppy. Or not?

> Do you have the utilty software that came with it?
No...

--
Marco Fioretti                 mfioretti, at the server mclink.it

Give up vows and dogmas, and fixed things, and you may ... come to
think a blow bad, because it hurts, and not because it humiliates.
You may come to think murder wrong, because it is violent, and not
because it is unjust.  -- G. K. Chesterton.  "The Ball and the Cross"